Regional Sales Director- D&E Fine WineJob ID HOU00000774 Date posted 07/17/2019
1. Represents Southern Glazer's in a professional Manner
2. Ensures the attainment of sales goals for the assigned district through the regular evaluation of vendor/partner relationships, new business opportunities, and voids in present sales/service levels.
3. Manages the District Sales Managers to ensure maximum sales/profits from assigned accounts. Coaches, directs, counsels on overall performance. Defines expectations and monitors progress.
4. Introduces new products, services, and policies. Advises sales team of new promotions/programs. Provides summary of current/projected sales activity for assigned district.
5. Conducts monthly performance reviews and identifies opportunities for development, training, and performance improvement requirements.
6. Provides regular and accurate sales management reports for the assigned Region to field sales management. Addresses new business opportunities, current levels of sales/service, and territory improvement plans.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Key skills and competencies
• Strong communication skills – written, verbal, persuasion, motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships.
• Strong supervisory skills in directing and coaching others. Must be able to direct and control the quantity/quality of work performed by subordinates. Requires the ability to manage deadlines and deliver achievement of assigned goals and objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent there of in related experience.
• 5 years experience in selling alcoholic beverages or grocery products at the retail level.
• Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license
• Ability to secure and maintain auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws.
• Ability to secure and maintain a State Sales Permit in accordance with state laws
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
Additional Desired Qualifications
• Will involve weekend and evening activities with suppliers and retailers.
• Physical demands with activity or condition existing a occasional to rare amount of time amount of time include walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move 30 to 40 pound cases, and stand for extended periods of time.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.