Chain Field Manager (Hilo, HI)Job ID HIL00000021 Date posted 02/27/2019
- Manage a team of district managers by oversight of sales and merchandising efforts for the region of drug store chain, broad market chain convenience and;other broad market license 20 accounts.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills are needed for sales trainings and meetings among executive sales/supplier management teams.
- Train, develop, and mentor district managers to foster the growth of their leadership skills and build the overall success of the teams within your region of responsibility.
- Strategically support District Managers with conflict resolution, removal of performance obstacles, and/or relationship concerns among key accounts in the region.
- Able to inspire, coach and lead a team by example.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. ; 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends.
- Overnight travel as required.
- Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- High School Diploma/GED and 3-5 years of merchandising, sales, and management experience most recently as a district manager (chain or broad market);supervising/directing other individuals.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and 10 key by touch. In-depth and sophisticated understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
- Reside within a thirty minute radius of the established geographic region.
- Demonstrated success in building and improving relationships with suppliers and buyers combined with established and effective rapport in entire geographic region.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on an occasional basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, and mentor newly appointed managers.
- Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Proficient at calculating commissions, percentages, and reviewing comparative sales data for analysis.
- Hands-on management approach in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of strong sales and leadership skills in previous/current work experience.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.