CPWS On Premise Sales Consultant - DelrayJob ID FOR00000076 Date posted 03/19/2019
- To maximize the sale and distribution divisional of supplier brands to the trade and consumer through effective territory planning, selling, merchandising and communicating that permits achievement of company and supplier objectives.
- The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze, plan, establish and maintain an efficient and productive daily call pattern in assigned territory.
- Analyze the total territory and each account to determine the priority selling, promotional and merchandising opportunities.
- Call on all accounts assigned with sales and merchandising objectives established for maximum case volume, distribution, advertising and placement of all products represented by the Division.
- Implement and maintain up-to-date accurate records of sales, competitive activity and payment performances of all accounts in assigned territory.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relations.
- Participate in sales meetings with suppliers and senior level department personnel.
- Prepare professional sales presentations for each call tailored to current supplier programs and the needs of the customer.
- Know, in depth, the features and benefits of supplier products and programs compared to competition.
- Maintain personal vehicle, personal appearance and personal integrity to meet the standards of performance established by Company Management.
- Maintain at least $100,000/$300,000 in automobile liability insurance and $50,000 in property damage at all times.
- Install and maintain appropriate point-of-sale/ printed materials within accounts that are clean and current.
- Attend all scheduled functions related to divisional brands, such as promotions, tasting, etc.
- Submit weekly account , scheduled events and account activity recaps.
- Perform other similar job-related duties as assigned.
- Management retains the discretion to add, change or assign other work-related duties or responsibilities of this position at any time.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to stoop to floor level and to reach to a level of shoulder-height or higher.
- Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties or the position at any time.
- It is a qualification standard of the company that an employee not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of himself or others in the workplace.
- Employee will be required to provide reliable transportation.
- Responsibilities may require employee to work hours before 8:00 AM and after 5:00 PM.
- In addition, some weekend work may be required.
- Position requires intermittent standing, sitting, walking, bending, squatting, twisting, lifting, and carrying up to fifty pounds.
- High School education required.
- College preferred.
- Prior sales experience is helpful.
- Strong written, verbal, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use equipment such as calculator and personal computers.
- Knowledge of merchandising and display techniques for package liquor stores, grocery chain stores and drug chain stores.
- Must have on-premise experience, including knowledge of liquor and wines.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.