Instructional Designer- CONTRACT POSITIONJob ID FLO00000009 Date posted 10/09/2018
Seeking an experienced instructional designer to join our Learning and Development team. This position is ideal for someone with a passion for technology, a commitment to detail and a background in eLearning development or education. In this role, you would work with the Senior Instructional Designer to develop eLearning courses, Instructor-Led training materials, and supporting documents, graphics and multimedia (video/audio) assets for our Learning Management System based on specific design standards and instructional information using finalized course materials and multimedia technologies. You need to have strong communication skills, both written and spoken, and interact professionally with all internal and external customers.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in business development and customer discovery to help develop training solutions based on customer requirements, milestone and delivery requirements
- Helps develop project plans, high-level design documents, storyboards, audio narration scripts, status reporting, QA and testing plans.
- Develops courses in a coordinated manner that meet customer requirements.
- Coordinates with subject matter experts and develops courseware for instructor-led training, web-based training or hybrid treatments.
- Designs and develops plans, text, graphics, multimedia animations and simulations and tests or assessment instruments for e-Learning courses and integrates these into a final course deliverable or deliverables.
- Uses proven instructional design techniques and practices to provide courses that adhere to accepted quality standards.
- Works closely with senior instructional designer to ensure that all schedule requirements are met and to resolve project-related problems or issues.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- Bachelors’ degree inEducation, Instructional Design, Graphic Design or related field required.
- Minimum three years’ experience designing materials in an instructional designer role.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience developing creative and engaging training materials in a variety of formats and media.
- Comfort working on multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines - efficiently and on schedule.
Experience developing with the following applications:
Articulate 360 – Rise
GoAnimate (or similar)
Adobe Premire Pro
Adobe Premire Pro
- Familiarity with SCORM compliance and integrating deliverables into learning management tools.
- Demonstrated aesthetic, design composition and typographic abilities.
- Demonstrated ability in creation and delivery of a variety of training approaches (in-person, online).
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development, emphasizing competency-based instruction.
- Understanding of transferring documents from various browsers or software into Learning Management System.
- Demonstrated ability to use creativity in problem solving and motivation to deliver above the standard.
- Evidence of highly effective training approaches and experiences.
- Conversant with computers and instructional technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to copy/edit content for errors, style, accuracy, and meaning
- Ensure all course elements align with the designated layouts and design
Strong English verbal and written skills (technical, creative, grammar)
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.