Make regular sales calls to assigned territory/accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided. Maximize the sale of supplier brands to the trade and consumer through effective territory planning, selling and communicating that permits achievement of company and supplier objectives.
• Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization.
• Research, organize and present sales reports/quota attainment results as required management in team or division meeting environment.
• Provide sales account management support, analyze current and historical sales activity for assigned territory/accounts to identify opportunities and meet/exceed assigned monthly quotas and placement objectives.
• Recommend, create/design programs utilizing full knowledge of the supplier(s) portfolio.
• Provide first line of customer support by using tools and techniques for documenting customer interactions, addressing circumstances and behaviors that lead to customer dissatisfaction and asking questions that can facilitate movement from problem to resolution stage.
• Assess a customer's needs, goals, degree of interest, and ability to commit and purchase, use basic sales methods and techniques and adhere to an organization's selling processes and policies (e.g., Southern 7).
• Participate in sales projects, account evaluations, proposals, presentations and other sales related activities.
• Ensure order information is captured accurately, work with a specific sales system as part of current responsibilities and conduct day-to-day sales order entry.
• Understand the current product assortment, measure product performance, share measurements and milestones, cite key considerations for space planning and visual presentation and help customers utilize POS materials.
• Recognize major trends and directions, describe major trends associated with a specific type of market and discuss organization's position and plans with regard to key product trends.
• Perform other duties as assigned and contribute to the success of the department and function at Southern Wine & Spirits of America.
High School Diploma or GED.
1 – 2 years of related sales experience in the adult beverage or hospitality industry.
• Knowledge of the wine and spirits industry and its major issues, regulatory considerations and the ability to use this information in support of the organization when carrying out one's job function.
• Knowledge of account management practices, tasks, and tools and ability to provide services and support to customers and suppliers.
• Knowledge of marketplace experience, developments and trends related to the industry; ability to use this information in support of organizational goals.
• Knowledge of various types of customers and ability to analyze customer activities, profiles and information.
• Selling skills to develop strategy for brand portfolio, diversification and penetration in each account and closing deals and reaching final sales orders
• Communication and interpersonal skills to conduct staff product training, sales presentations to a variety of different audiences.
• Strong planning and organizational skills to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
• Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to add, subtract, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, compute rate, ratio, and percent and draw and interpret bar graphs. Proficient at calculating commissions, percentages, and reviewing comparative sales data for analysis.
• Ability to possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record. Maintain at least $100,000/$300,000 in automobile liability insurance and $50,000 in property damage at all times.
• Ability to lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis. Position requires intermittent standing, sitting, walking, bending, squatting, twisting, lifting, and carrying.
• Ability to work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends. Overnight travel as required. Ability to participate in business meetings, company initiatives and events upon request.
Primary Location:United States-Colorado-Durango
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.