Overview Serve as the primary liaison between the local market and designated suppliers; work to develop strategic direction for supplier priorities in order to meet volume and value targets through optimal allocation of resources and adherence to brand strategy/standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Create marketing programs for use in the field; able to present new program ideas, efficiencies and obtain senior leadership buy in
• Plan, execute, and evaluate company sales, promotions, and marketing of brands
• Assist in the delivery of marketing brand plans to sales force and management teams
• Lead Supplier Planning Initiatives, including supplier meetings, programming communication and business review/planning meeting with SGWS leadership
• Direct the implementation of new and existing marketing initiatives utilizing various strategic platforms for the division; develops new item launch strategies
• Ensure all programs fall in line with standards regarding tracking and execution
• Set program objectives, measure ROI with KPI scorecard
• Manage purchasing, supplier shipment, and local delivery of assigned-supplier portfolios for incentive planning and inventory
• Ensure brand pricing and gross profit is aligned to strategy by channel
• Utilize various available analytic tools (Sales Nav, Steelwedge, Compass, Go Spot Check, etc.) to identify local market intelligence and opportunities – consumer shifts/trends, channel dynamics, key account (NAOP/ chains) dynamics, etc.
• Ensure all program tracking is accurate, timely and aligns with regional and individual state reporting
• Develop and enhance relationships with the trade through participation in food/wine/industry related events
• Survey retail outlets monthly to determine and track competing brands and wholesalers. Also to familiarize yourself with competition and remain apprised of market trends and development within specific product categories, geographic regions, and accounts
• Support POS / VAP planning and buys • Perform other job related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5 years of relevant experience • Able to obtain and meet industry licensing requirements as needed
• Must possess a valid driver license and secure and maintain auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws
• Critical nature of this job may require extended hours, overtime and weekends
• Good knowledge of Commercial Finance and Pricing practices
Primary Location:United States-Colorado-Denver
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.