Service RepresentativeJob ID DEN00000405 Date posted 06/13/2019
- Reports directly to a District Manager and supports a team of salesrepresentatives in off-premise accounts.
- Influence at store level to include monthly priorities, executing mandatedplanner support and gaining new non-planner supported displays, cold boxplacements and shelf opportunities.
- Perform sales support functions to include the use of current point of salemarketing materials, oversight of the shelf space, consistent communicationwith sales representatives regarding changes in buyer preferences and or out ofstock inventory concerns/situations encountered during business hours.
- Reset alcoholic beverages at the store level (i.e. rearranging productsusing an authorized plan within an assigned territory/set geographic region).
- Implement authorized plan/schematic developed by the various chainheadquarters, so accuracy in evaluation, application, and execution on theinformation provided are essential skills.
- Introduce new products, reinforce established and agreed upon case volumeand display activity, and monitor in-store promotion results.
- Stay abreast of business/market conditions, recognize new opportunitieswithin each account, maintain the necessary territory records and support thesales representative's visibility and market saturation in the account.
- Build and develop the trust and confidence of the retailer, i.e. entirestore management team through knowledge of Southern's policies and procedurescoupled with prompt, courteous resolution of inventory discrepancies.
- Understand and drive Supplier last three feet shelf objectives
- Participate in Southern's renowned training program composed of classroomand in-the-field training designed to increase and improve your understandingof industry trends, develop product knowledge, and form sales skills incollaboration with the market leader in the wine and spirits industry.
- Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent and 1-2 years related experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and keep others informed and up to date about the progress and status of work
- Ability to be open to feedback and suggestions
- Demonstrates good judgment, poise and maturity in interactions with others
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state car registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Previous industry experience/knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.