Night Loader- $20.10/hrJob ID DEN00000370 Date posted 04/18/2019
- Load and unload cases of wine/spirits product within a warehouse facility.
- Utilize hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, conveyors, or other handling equipment to move material to and from trucks and within or between storage facilities.
- Physical, fast-paced position requires continual lifting, lowering and sliding cases of product which weigh 35 - 45 lbs. and occasionally may weigh up to 60 lbs.
- Conduct inventory counts.
- Perform basic housekeeping in assigned areas of warehouse.
- Adhere to all safety procedures/standards within the course of performing job duties.
- Report to work daily and adhere to Southern's time and attendance policy.
- Work is performed on night shifts when public transportation may not be operating.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent and/or 1-2 years warehouse experience in a distribution environment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Lift 35 - 60 pounds consistently and on a repetitive basis.
- Capable of working a night shift (Monday - Thursday 4-10 hour shifts) coupled with required overtime during October, November, and December.
- Basic ability to read, speak, write and comprehend the English language to perform essential job duties.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is desired.
- Familiar with warehouse management systems for tracking case volume and product placement within warehouse facility.
- Shipping/receiving, general warehouse and packaging skills.
- Previous distribution center experience.
- Forklift operating experience or certification.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.