Maintenance WorkerJob ID DEN00000339 Date posted 01/07/2019
- Must perform and document forktruck and safety equipment inspection at the beginning of each shift.
- Learn and practice the safe operation of all classes of fork trucks used in the warehouse.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair, making notes and recommendations.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not limited to replace or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, light bulbs, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, etc.)
- Performs minor painting, carpentry & masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces andusing brush, sprayer or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.)
- Reconfigures, installs, positions and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Schedule all repairs with outside vendors for major issues. Keep sidewalks free from snow, ice or other debris. Keep grounds picked up and tidy.
- Promote a safe working environment through endorsement of company safety program along with the maintenance and upkeep of tools/equipment.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry is a plus
- 2 (two) years working experience in facility maintenance.
- 3 or more years of work experience in Warehouse Operations & Support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, writes, speaks and understands English fluently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet or exceed the company's attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ability to use common tools.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.