Key Account Manager - TrincheroJob ID DEN00000363 Date posted 04/15/2019
- Position typically works with state sales manager, distributors, and key on and off-premise trade accounts.
- Communication can include sensitive information, requiring confidentiality and discretion in dealings with contacts.
- Incumbent plans activities for this position weekly, monthly, yearly with individual initiative in daily routine.
- Decisions impact the departmental leadership and organization as a whole, and errors may cause significant expense to the entire organization.
- Responsible for managing/executing channel specific sales and marketing programs in conjunction with SWS teams to achieve the predetermined brand volume and program goals.
- Responsible for assisting SWS division sales managers & DM in managing key accounts, the identification of opportunities by brand, by account and collaboratively developing programs.
- Ensures that distributor sales team efforts, account calls and programs are aligned around focus initiatives.
- Position has responsibility for training distributor sales personnel and key retail accounts on portfolio of brands as well as elements of the integrated sales and marketing strategy.
- Responsible for developing and working with SWS teams on approved programming in key on and off-premise accounts within the designated geographical area.
- Incumbent maintains and analyzes market performance data by channel / accounts and ensures accurate and timely communication of predetermined reports, changing field conditions and competition to management, while managing budgets that may be assigned on behalf of the company.
- Workweek will often exceed 40 hours including working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Light to moderate lifting will be required.
- Overnight travel will be necessary.
- The incumbent will maintain and call on a focused list of accounts.
- Developing relationships and executing the Brand Standards in order to maximize volume of the portfolio of brands.
- Maintain and analyze market / account data to maximize sales, increase market share and recap pricing / spending of company resources.
- Prepare market reports to communicate field / competitive conditions to SWS and; management in a timely manner.
- Sell, train, motivate & develop distributor's sales teams to execute priority programs (Premiumization, etc.) and maximize execution within focus areas and the balance of market.
- Activities include:; POS, displays, pricing, shelf management, features / drink lists, bar promotions and product sampling.
- Work in collaboration with SWS management in the identification of market opportunities and program development.;
- Align distributor sales team efforts around focused initiative in key accounts, channels and the overall market.
- Communicate local program spending effectiveness to maximize the company's profits.;
- Help determine the ROI on outlined focused initiatives.
- Execute large channel events in collaboration with SWS and Fosters to effectively promote the brand portfolio.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Industry sales experience.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and computer skills, possess strong analytical skills, as well as outstanding aptitude for time management and program execution.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.