Warehouse Support Technician Day/Night ShiftJob ID DAL00000806 Date posted 07/09/2019
POSITION SUMMARY: Day/Night Shifts
The Warehouse Support Technician II handles the onsite support responsibilities for warehouse systems** & equipment** to ensure all warehouse systems & equipment functions as intended to support ongoing business operations. This role acts as the initial point of contact and troubleshooter for Tier 1 warehouse technical support, 2nd level contact for Tier 2 warehouses, and will triage to 3rd level vendor or ETP support as needed. The individual is responsible for maintaining warehouse equipment and spare inventory. In addition, this role supports MHE asset inventory management at the local level. This individual is also responsible for developing advanced processes for preventive maintenance and assist in evaluating other distribution systems. Other duties will include the first line of defense for all and any abnormal WMI system issues.
·Warehouse Systems includes WMi systems, Wave Control systems, Voice picking System or related systems
·Warehouse equipment includes warehouse printers, RF and conveyor scanners, headsets, Velocitor units where applicable, and dedicated Warehouse Control Systems (WCS) & ASRS workstations.
- Participate in Operational Initiatives as necessary
- Proactively work to reduce costs and improve productivity (continuous Improvement)
- Assist in the development of warehouse process
- Provide support to the division (24x7) or as directed by your manager (rotation)
- Provide training for employees on procedures/systems
- Collaborates with other functional areas to identify system integration opportunities
- Manage and Assist with the maintaining of the Material Handling systems (conveyor, SRM’s in motion scanners, VFD’s, Servo Motors and controls, etc.)
- Develop advanced processes (including predictive maintenance techniques) to measure, analyze and improve equipment performance (reliability) and prioritization of improvement projects
- Coordination with relevant Warehouse Equipment vendors for issue resolution and service performance at respective DCs
- Assist with the evaluation and process changes for other distribution systems (Conveyors/MHE, Voice Picking & slotting techniques, etc.)
- Provide training for distribution center employees on procedures/ MHE systems
·Initial point of contact for onsite support at respective Distribution Center
·Handle incidents provide level 2 support (offsite) for remote small and medium distribution centers and triage to level 3 as needed
·Configure and maintain warehouse printers, scanners, headsets, Velocitor units, and dedicated ASRS workstations across the enterprise
·Perform proactive maintenance for warehouse equipment
·Document and escalate issues to the appropriate vendors and SGWS SCM support groups
·Manage and maintains the spare parts inventory and report as required to keep the systems ready for production
·Be on call and available for ownership of the MHE’s systems function at all times
·Assesses critical information to make effective decisions or recommendations
- Oversee detailed root cause analysis of reliability issues
- Implement operations continuous improvement measures and initiatives
- Communicate effectively up and down the organizational hierarchy in Operations and Senior leadership
- Ensure effective administration and compliance of all internal process and procedures
- Be able to trouble shoot all first support calls on WM issues including any label or voice process issues.
- Learn and assist with all WM reporting procedures.
Results / Metrics Position Will Be Measured Against:
·Accomplishment of planned objectives
·Quality of interactions with senior Supply Chain and business management
·Ability to get work done and to develop others
·Adherence to performance management objectives and goals
·Ability to reduce downtime with preventative maintenance programs in place
·Ability to accept and lead change initiatives throughout the organization
·Ability to influence others
• Bachelor's Degree (Industrial, Mechanical, business administration, computer science, information systems, or other industry related curriculum) or Sufficient and relevant work experience
·5 or more years of work experience
·3 or more years of work experience in Warehouse Operations & Support
- Working knowledge of PLC operations and PLC electrical panels
- Working knowledge of Compressed Air system and Storage and Retrieval Machines (SRM’s)
- Working knowledge of spirals and sliding shoe sorters,Motor starters, overloads and basic wiring
- Knowledge of wholesale distribution strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- MS Office and other general desktop software experience required
- Advanced understanding of Excel strongly preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Must have some experience with conveyor systems, pick to belt operations and other MHE systems including software such as Warehouse control systems, Warehouse Management systems, and not limited to lift systems management systems and maintenance tracking software
- Strong organizational & time management skills. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize effectively, and change direction on short notice in an effective manner.
- US travel required up to 30%
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements for making decisions related to job performance, employee development, and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required. This job description and the positions duties and responsibilities may be modified at the discretion of management without prior notice
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.