Senior Director Trade Development – Central Region (Transatlantic Division)Job ID GEN00000118 Date posted 05/19/2017
Senior Director Trade Development – Central Region, Open States (Transatlantic Division)
This position is directly responsible for overseeing all the Trade Development responsibilities for BUSA/Patron Spirits business across ten (10) open states in the U.S. This role reports to the National VP of Trade Development and will liaise with local Trade Development teams and work closely with Transatlantic/SGWS sales management, local/national BUSA/Patron/Stillhouse/Ilegal Mezcal Spirits sales and supplier marketing teams.
As a leader within the Trade Development team, you will be accountable for creating value and financial impact for our company. You will feed local insights into the creation of brand activation plans and serve as conduit of information between division sales/trade development teams and BUSA/Patron/Stillhouse/Ilegal Mezcal Spirits sales/marketing. You will localize and activate National Activities through a yearly market level plan. Your ability to combine a strategic business approach while managing multiple projects across multiple states at any given time will be vital to your success in this role. You will need to work seamlessly within the internal and external matrix, in particular, influencing and coaching a diverse team of Trade Development Managers/Directors across multiple states.
- Lead commercial marketing implementation for Transatlantic/SGWS organizations across all markets by collaborating, coaching and influencing the regional/local Trade Development teams.
- Balance high-level strategic thinking with realistic/commercially driven implementation as you collaborate with our Supplier Sales and Marketing teams.
- Act as “Voice of the Market” to National VP of Trade Development for Transatlantic and effectively communicate all relevant information to/from the states within your area of responsibility.
- Plan, execute, and provide recaps in conjunction with supplier marketing and commercial teams at a multi-state level that will enable us to win in the marketplace.
- Serve as key point of contact and communication for the states’ Multicultural, Innovation/Incubator dedicated resources throughout the region.
- Provide strong commercial insights to influence our strategic plans and drive a culture of excellence in execution.
- Influence and execute the channel strategies and channel segmentation and drive execution through the larger Trade Development team across your states.
- Apply the frameworks and manage the performance of the Bacardi Execution Platform and supplier KPI’s.
- Responsible for leading weekly, monthly, quarterly communication of national plans and key commercial selling stories within the area of responsibility.
- Support Regional Full Book and Transatlantic Commercial Teams for QBR’s and business reviews.
- Set objectives, review and reallocate funding with finance team across states based on market needs and provide insights and feedback to sales and marketing management through KPI scorecard process.
- Course correct and fire-fight issues that impact multiple states to free up local Trade Development resources.
- Support supplier and SGWS Sales/Trade Development in the planning and execution of POS & VAP buys.
Bachelor’s Degree required (MBA Preferred).
- Minimum of 10+ years industry sales and marketing experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits industry.
- Prior experience managing a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities on tight deadlines and maintain high level of quality output.
- Ability to understand and manage budgets, profitability, and expenses.
- Experience in effectively interacting with and influencing business/function leaders.
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Continual self-education and knowledge development of new and existing trends, styles, and products within the Supplier portfolio as well as competitive brands.
- Proficient in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.