Sales Representative - Genesis Spirits On PremiseJob ID DAL00000784 Date posted 06/18/2019
The Sales Representative will be responsible for the maximizing sales the brands represented by the company to customers in an assigned territory by direct contact, and prospecting new accounts. This person must be willing to execute sales plans and special promotions towards the achievement of predetermined sales goals. This rep will also service customers with special product deliveries on short notices, and other customer sales needs. Service of these customers may also include actual placement of temporary and permanent point of sale material within the retail account.
• Solicits sales in assigned accounts to achieve sales objectives as well as evaluate new business opportunities
• Insure the development of existing accounts within their territory
• Develops and prospects new accounts that open in the assigned marketing area
• Introduces new products, new promotions and provides additional marketing service to customers
• Delivers product or other related merchandise when required
• Analyzes information on competitive products, promotions, pricing and marketing policies
• Handles all customer issues in a timely and efficient manner within Company guidelines
• Ensure supplier distribution goals are met within territory
• Work flexible hours which may include early morning, evenings and sometimes, weekends.
• Extensive travel (70% - 85%) by automobile. Daily driving may involve driving distances of up to 200 miles.
• Performs other related duties assigned
• Manages Sales and account conditions via: Distribution, Displays, Warm Shelf, Cold Box, Pricing and POS.
• Manages back stock between deliveries.
· Two (2) years of adult beverage, product sales, hospitality experience, and/or College Degree
· This job requires the ability to secure and maintain a valid driver’s license and auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws
· Ability to secure and maintain a State Sales Permit in accordance with state laws and must be 21 years of age or older
· Strong communication skills with good verbal, persuasion, and writing ability.
Basic Mathematical functions on pricing and percentages
· Ability to frequently lift and/or move 30 to 40 pound cases, ability to occasionally lift and/or move 50-pound cases and stand for extended periods of time.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.