Regional Mixologist – North TexasJob ID DAL00000680 Date posted 03/14/2019
The Mixologist is a self-starter willing to build and develop programs to drive the sales of Southern Glazer's brands through Mixology and brand representation in key accounts for supplier and vendor partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop, sell – in, and deliver beverage menus thatarticulate thebar / restaurant’sbrand identity
• Achieve ‘Category Captain’ status and maintain consultancy role with key customers
• Deliver Mixology training to bar managers and staff on how to make cocktails, in a competent, innovative manner incorporating Southern Glazer's brand knowledge
• Help drive sales of Southern Glazer's portfolio
• Develop signature drinks to support on premise outlets
•Contribute todrink database for Southern Glazer’s intranetand vendor partners
• Work closely withDirector of Mixology andVP of Premier On – Premise and team to increase brand knowledge and presence in restaurant and bar sector
•Routinecommunication with on-premise managers,and collaboration with their sales teams
• Bachelor or Associates degree preferred in the area of Hotel and Restaurant Management, or the equivalent in related experience.
• Minimum of two years in Mixology experience required within the hospitality industry
• Ability to secure a state motor vehicle license
• Ability to secure and maintain auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws.
• Must be able to work weekends and evenings
• Strong communication skills – written, verbal, persuasion, motivation
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Power Point,One Noteand Email Software such as Lotus notes and/or Outlook.
• Strong influencing capabilities will be essential
• Excellent training and basic selling skills
• Ability to demonstrate strong passion for the drink business
• Exhibits an entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to think creatively while meeting the customer’s needs
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to work evening and weekend hours
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move 30 to 40 pound cases
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.