Regional Commercial Finance DirectorJob ID DAL00000754 Date posted 05/22/2019
- Assist region with development of the annual sales plan (volume/revenue/gross profit) for inclusion in the overall Regional & Corporate Financial Plan.
- Ensure accurate and efficient distribution of commercial finance reports and other business intelligence essential to the commercial organization.
- Analyze various data from company performance and determine areas for improvement.
- Conduct ongoing R&O process to analyze volume and spend
- Oversee the spend forecasting analyses for the suppliers and markets
- Partner with the region on RFP proposals, providing insights and analytics
- Deploy corporate supplier funds for use in the region and states
- Conduct audits to monitor LMF & BDF spend vs. plan/agreements
- Provide analysis of pricing and promotional activities to drive effective use of trade spend and impact to internal profitability.
- Provide analysis of promotional spends to improve effectiveness
- Participate in the development and adoption of new reporting tools as needed.
- Lead “commercial finance” training delivery to regional and state commercial teams to develop capabilities focused on margin enhancement inclusive of pricing and promotional spend management and effectiveness.
- Provide analysis and support to corporate and regional teams as required for supplier reviews, quarterly business reviews, and on-going business performance management.
- Build peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
- Support the consistent implementation of company initiatives.(I.E. Revenue Management)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field of study. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10 years of experience with an emphasis on commercial experience and forecasting.
- Experience with P&L responsibility, financial planning and pricing management in the CPG industry; supplier and wholesaler experience a plus
- Knowledge of using processes, tools, and techniques for exploring, reporting and evaluating alternative financial scenarios, and results.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, and reporting; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business.
- Effective communication skills to provide information and messages in a way that produces clarity and impact.
- Strong planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around multiple assignments and competing priorities
- Business acumen skills to make business decisions based on financial forecasts and models.
- Ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Ability to work effectively across functions and organizational levels to achieve desired goals.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.