Key Account Manager - Genesis (On Premise)Job ID DAL00000808 Date posted 07/10/2019
Goal is to build partnerships with local buyers focusing on creating sales programs, and offering category management insight and expertise. Provide growth strategies for each partner by optimizing new products, programs, pricing and brand support tools. Be the liaison between local customers and each selling division to ensure communication is clear. Must be able to present fact based sales topics, as well as incorporate multiple resources into selling programs. This role is a liaison between distributor sales – manufacturer – customer as the critical link to ensuring all goals, objectives and expectations are communicated between the three tiers of the distribution network.
1. Submit, review and monitor all pricing for accuracy in all assigned customers
2. Monitor merchandising, and competitive activity in assigned customers by conducting monthly pricing reviews, noting any errors and reporting them
3. Implement sales and marketing programs throughout all clusters of assigned customers that highlight key vendor initiatives and corporate vendor goals
4. Work with sales teams, merchandisers, and accounts to track and ensure placement of P.O.S. and other support items.
5. Provide timely and important market information regarding pricing, merchandising, and market trends to buyers
6. Help coordinate holiday shows, vendor meetings, and vendor visits.
7. Help monitor the impact and effectiveness of programs currently in place.
8. Create monthly sales tools and profit sheets to help the sales team drive sales to your respective customers.
9. Pre-plan annual sales plan to align with both corporate and vendor goals; present an ad strategy or floor planner strategy using available pricing to maximize selling opportunity
10. Work with On and Off Premise sales teams in terms of support and training.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Proficiency using IRI, AC Nielsen data base reports
• Strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word programs to facilitate professional sales presentations to both buyers and distributor sales teams
• Excellent communication skills – ability to present professionally in front of a buyer, as well as distributor Senior Management (or various levels) to ensure message is consistent
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong leadership skills; ability to give direction to multiple layers of sales divisions ranging from Sales Representative to Regional Sales Directors
• Five to seven years combined field experience in selling alcohol beverages at the retail level, is preferred
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in related experience
• Some manufacturer experience is preferred, but not required
• Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license. Job requires the ability to secure and maintain auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws
• Ability to secure and maintain a State Sales Permit in accordance with state laws
• Must be at least 21 years of age or older
Additional Desired Qualifications
• Solid presentation skills
• Working knowledge of third party research data; and how to incorporate into sales presentations to key accounts
Must be able to frequently lift and/or move 30 to 40 pound cases
Must be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.