When you embark on a Driver career with Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits, you'll play an integral role in achieving operational efficiency in order to meet our customers' needs. You'll leverage your skills every day to fuel our success and advance your career. In return for your contribution, we'll provide you with the tools to grow, succeed and accomplish your personal and professional goals. Together, we can deliver the highest quality service to each of our suppliers and customers and put you on the career path you’ve been looking for.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
What makes a successful Driver at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Team Player
- Socially Conscious
The 5 Traits All of Our Drivers Share
So, you’re ready to kick off an exciting and rewarding career as a driver with Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? You might be asking yourself if you fit the bill to work with us, and – lucky for you – we’ve made things a lot simpler for you. We’ve highlighted five traits that all of our drivers share. Take a look and see if this is the right career for you!
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
“Push/Pull” up to 50 lbs
Experience driving within the food and beverage industry
Customer facing and ability to problem solve
Class A/Class B license
ResponsibilitiesJob ID DAL00000744 Date posted 05/17/2019
- Deliver product to customers.
- Load and unload vehicles by hand or by use of hand truck or dolly.
- Deliver and stack merchandise on customer premises.
- Responsible for accurate payment.
- Make accurate and legible notations on invoices regarding exceptions to delivery or collection.
- Responsible for the safe operation of and cleaning of truck, tools, and equipment. Required to report in writing all maintenance problems to be repaired.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, compute rate, ratios, and percentages.
- Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Twelve months licensed driving experience.
- Drivers License.
- A good MVR record
- Ability to stand,walk,reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, andcrawl.
- Ability tomore than 50 pounds repetitively, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.