When you embark on a Driver career with Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits, you'll play an integral role in achieving operational efficiency in order to meet our customers' needs. You'll leverage your skills every day to fuel our success and advance your career. In return for your contribution, we'll provide you with the tools to grow, succeed and accomplish your personal and professional goals. Together, we can deliver the highest quality service to each of our suppliers and customers and put you on the career path you’ve been looking for.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
What makes a successful Driver at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Team Player
- Socially Conscious
The 5 Traits All of Our Drivers Share
So, you’re ready to kick off an exciting and rewarding career as a driver with Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? You might be asking yourself if you fit the bill to work with us, and – lucky for you – we’ve made things a lot simpler for you. We’ve highlighted five traits that all of our drivers share. Take a look and see if this is the right career for you!
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
“Push/Pull” up to 50 lbs
Experience driving within the food and beverage industry
Customer facing and ability to problem solve
Class A/Class B license
ResponsibilitiesJob ID DAL00000965 Date posted 12/09/2019
- Prepare all trucks before loading time.
- Some case floor loading required.
- Wrap pallets when needed.
- Safe and courteous operation of delivery vehicle at all times.
- Load pallets onto assigned trucks.
- Some case picking when necessary.
- Ensure all trucks are locked and sealed after loading is completed.
- Responsible for all keys being returned to the key box.
- Report any damages of trucks.
- Must be able to be certified to drive pickers and forklifts.
- Properly complete all required paperwork daily, including DOT logbook, if necessary.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Wear safety equipment provided by the company.
Comply with all DOT regulations.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be DOT certified and have a commercial driver's license.
- Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds repetitively throughout the work shift andclimb in and out of truck or trailer.
- Ability to operate vehicle and hand truck safely.
- Ability to perform simple math problems.
- Report to work five (5) minutes before shift starts.
- Ability to sit, stand, squat, twist, and bend during the shift.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.