Customer Service Representative - Columbus, OHJob ID COL00000457 Date posted 01/04/2019
- Process orders, prepare correspondence, and fulfill external customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction with quantity and delivery of product to account.
- Enter data into computer to determine total cost for customer.
- Inform customer of prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer.
- Analyze customer's accounts for credit checking and account establishment.
- Reconcile customer accounts in accordance with basic accounting functions.
- Enforce Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations and company policies.
- Partner with internal customers such as sales professionals, warehouse management and purchasing/pricing departments to ensure inventory requested by the customer is in-stock, priced correctly and available for shipment.
- Handle collection and cash of delivery (COD) calls.
- Able to work under time pressure and maintain/produce accurate customer records to reflect account status while providing a high level of service and efficiently resolving concerns posed by the customer.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1-2 years of customer service experience in a business environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Accurate data-entry skills.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills in carrying out job duties with various departments and levels of management.
- Basic mathematical skills including calculating percentages and discounts for customers.
- Capable of solving a variety of customer service problems and supporting a range of personalities and customer types
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, other business areas, and government agencies required
- Familiar with order entry systems.
- SAP experience
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.