Night Warehouse WorkerJob ID COL00000167 Date posted 08/15/2017
Responsible for various duties to pull and load cases, bottles, kegs and other product for next-day delivery.
- Accurately andefficiently pulls case and bottle orders and loads them onto the conveyors.
- Stacks product in truck box and/or trailer manually.
- Load kegs, re-ships and other non-conveyable items on to route trucks or trailers.
- Replenishes stock on full case line and bottle room as needed by using forklift, pallet jack or order-picker using full range of peripheral vision to operate such equipment safely.
- Demonstratesa work ethic that allows the employee to accurately select/pick bottles following the direction of the voice-pick system and to properly place case labels in the manner required>
- Ensures that the designated work area and other assigned work areas are left clean at the end of each shift
- Responsible to report any damage to equipment, racks or inventory breakage to a supervisor immediately
- Responsible to immediately report any problems, unsafe conditions and/orsafety issues to a supervisor
- Performs all duties in a safe manner
- Follows Company policies including those regarding attendance and general conduct rules
- Performs any other duties as assigned by management
IT IS A QUALIFICATION STANDARD OF THE COMPANY THAT AN EMPLOYEE NOT POSE A THREAT TO THE HEALTH OR SAFETY OF THEMSELF OR OTHERS IN THE WORKPLACE.
- Ability to read, write, count and understand English well
- Must have solid communication skills and be able to follow written and verbaldirections.
- Abilityto walk, stand, bend, squat, twist, carry and lift overhead up to 50lbs repetitively andup to 160lbs occasionally
- Ability to safely operate and use warehouse equipment such as forklift, reach truck, order picker, pallet jack and/or box cutter
- HS equivalent/GED
- Previous warehouse or other related logistics experience
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.