Night Warehouse WorkerJob ID COL00000511 Date posted 05/09/2019
Responsible for various duties to pull and load cases, bottles, kegs and other product for next-day delivery.
- Accurately andefficiently pulls case and bottle orders and loads them onto the conveyors.
- Stacks product in truck box and/or trailer manually.
- Load kegs, re-ships and other non-conveyable items on to route trucks or trailers.
- Replenishes stock on full case line and bottle room as needed by using forklift, pallet jack or order-picker using full range of peripheral vision to operate such equipment safely.
- Demonstratesa work ethic that allows the employee to accurately select/pick bottles following the direction of the voice-pick system and to properly place case labels in the manner required>
- Ensures that the designated work area and other assigned work areas are left clean at the end of each shift
- Responsible to report any damage to equipment, racks or inventory breakage to a supervisor immediately
- Responsible to immediately report any problems, unsafe conditions and/orsafety issues to a supervisor
- Performs all duties in a safe manner
- Follows Company policies including those regarding attendance and general conduct rules
- Performs any other duties as assigned by management
IT IS A QUALIFICATION STANDARD OF THE COMPANY THAT AN EMPLOYEE NOT POSE A THREAT TO THE HEALTH OR SAFETY OF THEMSELF OR OTHERS IN THE WORKPLACE.
- Ability to read, write, count and understand English well
- Must have solid communication skills and be able to follow written and verbaldirections.
- Abilityto walk, stand, bend, squat, twist, carry and lift overhead up to 50lbs repetitively andup to 160lbs occasionally
- Ability to safely operate and use warehouse equipment such as forklift, reach truck, order picker, pallet jack and/or box cutter
- HS equivalent/GED
- Previous warehouse or other related logistics experience
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.