Transportation Clerk - Glenwillow, OHJob ID CLE00000122 Date posted 01/10/2019
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for receiving and processing returned merchandise from customers and Sales Representatives.
- Receive customer returns and process customer credits.
- Process all claims for damaged goods.
- Check in route drivers daily ensuring that all required paperwork is completed correctly and then entered accurately in SAP.
- Check in returns from Territory Managers, special events, and will-call.
- Call and set up appointment delivery times for all Sams Club’s and Costco’s.
- Track breakage, vehicle inspections and pickup slips on a daily basis.
- Research return, put away, credit and/or pickup discrepancies.
- Verify product on reships.
- Research invoice discrepancies and communicate resolution with Accounts Receivable department.
- Research driver and material shortages.
- Verify that all invoices and envelopes that are returned are accurate and all cash/check transactions are accurate as needed.
- Enforce all safety procedures are followed at time of check in.
- Other duties as assigned.
Management retains the discretion to add, change, or assign other work-related duties or responsibilities of this position at any time.
IT IS A QUALIFICATION STANDARD OF THE COMPANY THAT AN EMPLOYEE NOT POSE A DIRECT THREAT TO THE HEALTH OR SAFETY OF THEMSELVES OR OTHERS IN THE WORKPLACE.
- High School Diploma/GED and one (1) year of experience working in a distribution center or warehouse environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail skills.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. one to two times through shift.
- Stand on feet up to 6 hours/day in a warehouse environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications, specifically Excel and Outlook.
- Experience working in receiving or customer service.
- Experience working in data entry, banking, or transportation administrative roles.
- Proficiency utilizing SAP.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.