Sales Representative-Youngstown AreaJob ID CLE00000109 Date posted 10/20/2018
Job Title: Sales Rep I - On/Off-Premise
FLSA Status: Exempt
Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within an assigned territory, market segment, and/or supplier brand by effectively selling the company’s products/services and providing excellent customer service to fulfill the potential of our suppliers and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make regular sales calls to designated (on/off/combo) accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided.
- Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items and the expansion of business.
- Exhibit discipline and resourcefulness to meet/exceed assigned monthly quotas and placement objectives.
- Participate in sales meetings, on-site training, and winery/distiller tours to remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments.
- Research, organize and present sales reports/quota attainment results as required by District Manager in team or division meeting environment.
- Review customers' credit status, collect monies owed for product and partner with Customer Assistance Department on a weekly basis to ensure accounts remain in good standing.
- Assist customers with inventory management responsibilities (product availability/new product placement and rotation of stock).
- Conduct wait staff training seminars, execute 'bar night' promotions, and install point of sale pieces on tables and bars.
- Recommend, create/design wine lists, and wine by the glass programs utilizing full knowledge of the supplier(s) portfolio.
- Merchandise off-sale/retail accounts and reset shelf space, cold box and build displays to correspond with supplier promotions and incentive programs.
- Present self with integrity, professionalism and commitment to Southern Wine &Spirits salesperson responsibilities and policies.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends. Overnight travel as required. Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to maintain a valid and current driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related discipline.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in computer skills, including MS Office Suite (e.g., Outlook for email, Excel to track metrics, Word and PowerPoint to create documents, and presentations), and experience with Customer Relation Management (CRM) systems
- Must maintain strong working knowledge of Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirit’s (SGWS) portfolio and products, including core and innovation products
- Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision
- Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to calculate discounts
- Must have excellent verbal communications skills in order to effectively communicate with direct customers on the telephone and internally
- Ability to work in a fast paced, goal driven environment
- Ability to travel as needed
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 45lbs
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.