ALD - Retail Account Specialist (RAS) - Casper/Cheyenne, WYJob ID CHE00000004 Date posted 11/06/2017
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spiritsis currently seeking candidates for an excitingRetail Account Specialist (RAS)opportunity. This position can be based out of Cheyenne or Casper, WY. TheRASwill represent the spirit portfolios ofPernod Ricardwith a focus on Jameson Whiskey and Absolut Vodka.
The Retail Account Specialist is an entry level consumer product sales position that will perform account visits with the frequency outlined by manager for top accounts in marketplace. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Improve portfolio distribution, position and visibility vs. competitive brands through adherence to supplier standards.
- Activities include but are not limited to product distribution, negotiating drink features, menu placements, back bar location, installing permanent and non-permanent signage, train staff, set up staff incentives, schedule and administer on-site product promotions, monitor and maintain Company standards for activities
- Assist in “selling-in” new items and strategic initiatives
- Build relationships and good will with the licensee and Distributors
- Develop account detailed “call list” to include key account contact; call schedule, telephone number and customer hot buttons.
- Responsible for pre-plan of activities, daily recap of results and accomplishments to management team
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness on product information and supplier initiatives (i.e promotions, advertising, industry trends).
- Recommend, create/design wine lists, and wine by the glass programs utilizing full knowledge of the supplier(s) portfolio.
- Merchandise off-sale/retail accounts and reset shelf space, cold box and build displays to correspond with supplier promotions and incentive programs.
- Present self with integrity, professionalism and commitment to Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits salesperson responsibilities and policies.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends. Overnight travel as required. Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least1 year of industry related sales experience with in the distribution, hospitality or supplier community.
- Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
- Proficient at calculating commissions, percentages, and reviewing comparative sales data for analysis.
- Adaptable and able to assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types.
- Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Reside within a thirty minute radius of a retail account within the established territory.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Goal-oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred with a Sales/Marketing concentration strongly preferred
- Industry knowledge to include basic understanding of distribution, wine varietals and leading spirit categories
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.
Recent Job Openings
- Director, Change Management – Internal Consulting/Strategy Team Miami, Florida,
- DSD Field Sales Manager (San Fran/North Bay) Union City, California,
- Chain Merchandiser (San Leandro - Emeryville) Union City, California,