Delivery Driver - Charleston (No CDL needed)
Charleston, South Carolina
When you embark on a Driver career with Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits, you'll play an integral role in achieving operational efficiency in order to meet our customers' needs. You'll leverage your skills every day to fuel our success and advance your career. In return for your contribution, we'll provide you with the tools to grow, succeed and accomplish your personal and professional goals. Together, we can deliver the highest quality service to each of our suppliers and customers and put you on the career path you’ve been looking for.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
What makes a successful Driver at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Team Player
- Socially Conscious
The 5 Traits All of Our Drivers Share
So, you’re ready to kick off an exciting and rewarding career as a driver with Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? You might be asking yourself if you fit the bill to work with us, and – lucky for you – we’ve made things a lot simpler for you. We’ve highlighted five traits that all of our drivers share. Take a look and see if this is the right career for you!
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
“Push/Pull” up to 50 lbs
Experience driving within the food and beverage industry
Customer facing and ability to problem solve
Class A/Class B license
ResponsibilitiesJob ID CHA00000089 Date posted 04/12/2019
- Make statewide deliveries to bars, restaurants, grocery stores, convenience stores, package stores, etc.
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections on vehicle.
- Receive payment for goods delivered.
- Sort merchandise by invoice for delivery.
- Safe and courteous operation of delivery vehicle at all times.
- Check in money and returned goods daily with customer assurance clerk.
- Properly complete all required paperwork daily, including DOT logbook and DVIR report.
- Come to work neat and clean and properly attired.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid South Carolina driver's license.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds repetitively throughout the work shift and up to 160 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to climb in and out of truck, van, or trailer.
- Ability to perform simple math problems.
- Ability to safely operate vehicle and hand truck.
- Ability to represent company with positive attitude.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.