Sales InternJob ID CER00000644 Date posted 01/04/2019
- Align with Southern Glazer'sWineand Spirits (SGWS)leading sales and merchandising divisions to enhance industry understanding.
- Specifically, garner knowledge in the categories of wine, spirits, coffee, energy drinks, and water.
- Acquire a perspective on the business relationship among the supplier community and our distribution responsibilities.
- The intern will work in partnership with SGWS sales managers to include:District Managers, Wine Managers, and Key Account Specialists.
- The opportunity will ensure exposure to our distinct sales divisions within the company comprised of Merchandising/Chains, Southern Wine & Spirits, American Wine, and Pacific Wine & Spirits.
- Improved understanding and appreciation of sales, regulatory and compliance responsibilities SGWS is required to adhere to as the leading company in the distribution field for wine and spirits.
- Familiarity with the purpose and function of each respective sales division and how they link to one another to support the overall sales business goals.
- Comfort with the portfolio items and supplier partnerships, which reflect the depth and breadth of the market share we sell and promote to our on, off, and combo accounts whom comprise our customer base.
- Recognition of sales techniques and procedures, as well as the development of new and innovative recommendations to share with members of the SGWS sales force
- Accustomed to the standard sales call protocols, follow-up communication, inventory management responsibilities and collection duties as required of our sales force
- Freshman -senior year in college.
- Actively seeking undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Aptitude with the MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently to solve problems efficiently and creatively.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.