Part Time Merchandiser - (Newport Beach)Job ID CER00000792 Date posted 08/19/2019
- Oversee 15-25 established chain grocery store accounts (i.e. Safeway/Vons).
- Achieve distribution and growth objectives for Southern's portfolio of wine/spirits products within a specific geographic area and through effective account management of existing retail customers.
- Introduce new products, promote improved distribution, and ensure in-store promotion results.
- Stay abreast of business/market conditions, intensively plan sales efforts, recognize new opportunities within each account and maintain the necessary territory records.
- Build and develop the trust and confidence of the retailer through knowledge of spirits and wine products, persuasive presentations, and overcoming objections.
- Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Reside within a thirty minute radius of a retail account within the established territory.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state car registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a51 - 56pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor's Degree and or equivalent related experience such as Merchandiser/Route Sales Experience.
- Restaurant/Bartending/Hospitality Skills.
- Wine/Industry Knowledge to include basic understanding of distribution, wine varietals, and leading spirit categories.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.