Inside Sales Consultant (Cerritos, CA)
The Sales Consultant’s primary responsibilities are to visit the customer, have the right consultative sales conversations, and increase sales revenue. This candidate will need to analyze data and insights to increase sales, grow customer business, and better achieve objectives. You'll need to be able to build a pipeline of selling opportunities that drive incremental sales above base business. Be prepared to visit accounts regularly, capture visit notes, document and maintain specific customer information in SGWS' Proof CRM tool.
- Full Time
- Travel: Yes(local)
- Sales Strategy: Face-to-Face
What makes a successful Sales Consultant at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Salesforce Proficient
- Presentation Building
- Consultative Selling
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
Able to sit for a considerable amount of time while using a computer or mobile device
Physical demands include occasional walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
Able to drive throughout the day for up to 2 hours at a time
Push/Pull up to 45lbs
ResponsibilitiesJob ID CER00000939 Date posted 01/16/2021
- Make regular sales calls to designated (on/off/combo) accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided.
- Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items and the expansion of business.
- Exhibit discipline and resourcefulness to meet/exceed assigned monthly quotas and placement objectives.
- Participate in sales meetings, on-site training, and winery/distiller tours to remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments.
- Research, organize and present sales reports/quota attainment results as required by District Manager in team or division meeting environment.
- Review customers’ credit status, collect monies owed for product and partner with Customer Assistance Department to ensure accounts remain in good standing.
- Assist retail customers with inventory management responsibilities of company’s own products as permitted by law.
- Conduct wait staff training seminars, execute “bar night” promotions, and install point of sale pieces on tables and bars.
- Recommend, create/design wine lists, and wine by the glass programs utilizing full knowledge of the supplier(s) portfolio.
- Merchandise company’s own products at off-sale/retail accounts and reset shelf space, cold box and build displays as permitted by law
- Present self with integrity, professionalism and commitment to the company’s salesperson responsibilities and policies.
- Work flexible hours as dictated by business needs.
- High School Diploma or GED required and 1 year of relevant experience
- Ability to maintain a valid and current driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related discipline.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in computer skills, including MS Office Suite (e.g., Outlook for email, Excel to track metrics, Word and PowerPoint to create documents, and presentations), and experience with Customer Relation Management (CRM) systems
- Must maintain strong working knowledge of Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirit’s (SGWS) portfolio and products, including core and innovation products
- Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision
- Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to calculate discounts
- Must have excellent verbal communications skills in order to effectively communicate with direct customers on the telephone and internally
- Ability to work in a fast paced, goal driven environment
- Ability to travel as needed
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 45lbs
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.