Portfolio Manager, On/Off Premise Moet Hennessy DivisionJob ID BOL00000463 Date posted 06/03/2019
• Knowledge of MHUSA brand positioning, pricing, and marketing initiatives.
• Listening and understanding of MHUSA strategies and needs.
• Develop intelligent and cohesive brand sales and marketing strategies with MHUSA and channel managers.
• Implement and monitor execution of brand strategies.
• Educate the sales force and trade on MHUSA brands via sales presentations and staff trainings.
• Articulate/execute brand strategies and programs to achieve channel success.
• Forecast, analyze, plan and program with MHUSA and SGWS-IL sales management as necessary.
• Participate in daily market visits to ensure implementation of brand strategies.
• Develop market knowledge, understand wine/spirit trends, and understand customer needs.
• Promote and demonstrate spirit/wine knowledge within a set geographic region to increase sales among high profile restaurants.
• Make regular calls to designated accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided.
• Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items and the expansion of business.
• Participate in sales meetings and on-site training to remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments.
• Educate account staff through preparation and performance of on-site training for restaurant trade.
• Create, coordinate, and attend on-site promotional functions at established customer accounts. (E.g. spirit/wine dinners, product launches, and tastings).
• Present self with integrity, professionalism and commitment to Southern Wine & Spirits responsibilities and policies.
• Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent and 2-5 years related experience.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• One year of spirit/wine selling experience in either the on/off premise market.
• Comprehensive understanding of wine to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
• Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
• Capable of managing multiple projects on tight deadlines and maintaining high level of quality output.
• Ability to communicate enthusiasm for the product and category.
• Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on an occasional basis.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
Wine Education is a plus
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.