Chateau D'Esclans Specialist - Bolingbrook, ILJob ID BOL00000605 Date posted 01/27/2021
Responsible for achieving Chateau D’Esclans (CDE) brand objectives within Illinois market, deliver against Key Performance Indicators, and achieving targets by implementing strategies and tactics growing customers in a manner that will achieve profitable long-term growth of the SGWS portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support accounts in all trade channels including On/Off-Premise customers within the market, with an emphasis on the On-Premise. Focus on growing visibility by calling on selected accounts (by the glass, menu features, promotions)
- Develop key account relationships that deliver measurable results for CDE within the SGWS portfolio
- Drive brand success and actively support the selling efforts of Sales Consultants, Area Managers
- Promote the CDE portfolio and position the brands for success within the account to drive a culture of success on the SGWS portfolio
- Regularly interact with field management for updating programming and brand priorities, brand standards and best practices leading to successful execution in the market
- Exhibit discipline and resourcefulness to meet/exceed assigned monthly quotas and placement objectives, working with key assigned teams (work-withs, product training samples, etc.)
- Create, coordinate, and attend on-site promotional functions at established customer accounts (e.g., winemaker dinners, product launches, and tastings)
- Monitor field implementation and execution of programs (e.g., menus, displays).
- Lead all aspects related to education of customer staff and SGWS Sales Consultants within market
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years of industry related sales experience within the distribution, hospitality or supplier community
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license and ability to obtain and maintain auto liability insurance by State laws
- Certifications: Court of Master Sommelier or Masters of Wine certification (any level), not required, WSET - WSET Level 2 preferred, not required
- Ability to adapt and can assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types
- Must have strong negotiation skills; demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to create and sell innovative ideas
- Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs a little direction or supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours which include early morning evenings, and weekends
- Ability to work overnight travel as required
- Ability to participate in business meetings, company initiatives and events upon request
- Proficient at calculating commissions, percentages, and reviewing comparative sales data for analysis
- Stay apprised of federal, state and local laws affecting the beverage/alcohol industry within account responsibility
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to the rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 45lbs
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.