Sales RepresentativeJob ID BIR00000012 Date posted 07/11/2018
- Make regular sales calls to designated (on/off/combo) accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided.
- Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items and the expansion of business.
- Exhibit discipline and resourcefulness to meet/exceed assigned monthly quotas and placement objectives.
- Participate in sales meetings, on-site training, and winery/distiller tours to remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments.
- Research, organize and present sales reports/quota attainment results as required by District Manager in team or division meeting environment.
- Review customers' credit status, collect monies owed for product and partner with Customer Assistance Department on a weekly basis to ensure accounts remain in good standing.
- Assist customers with inventory management responsibilities (product availability/new product placement and rotation of stock).
- Conduct wait staff training seminars, execute 'bar night' promotions, and install point of sale pieces on tables and bars.
- Recommend, create/design wine lists, and wine by the glass programs utilizing full knowledge of the supplier(s) portfolio.
- Merchandise off-sale/retail accounts and reset shelf space, cold box and build displays to correspond with supplier promotions and incentive programs.
- Present self with integrity, professionalism and commitment to Southern Wine &Spirits salesperson responsibilities and policies.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends. Overnight travel as required. Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 1 year of industry related sales experience within the distribution, hospitality or supplier community.
- Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
- Proficient at calculating commissions, percentages, and reviewing comparative sales data for analysis.
- Adaptable and able to assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types.
- Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Reside within a thirty minute radius of a retail account within the established territory.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Goal-oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field strongly preferred
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.