S&OP Demand Planner (Bellevue, WA)Job ID BEL00000176 Date posted 02/25/2019
- Utilize the JDA Demand Planning software to model and create unconstrained statistical demand forecast based on historical depletions, market trends, seasonality, product mix, bias and other factors
- Evaluate demand planning data integrity to ensure that analysis is conducted with accurate information
- Identify and correct exceptions and anomalies in the statistical forecast that may impact accuracy; choose and apply the appropriate forecasting algorithms and parameters in accordance with regional/national policies; proactively collaborate with Commercial counterparts on forecasting demand for new items and addressing exceptions
- Liaise with Commercial counterparts to understand changes made to demand based on pricing, promotional plans, launches and events; update forecast for any last minute unplanned demand
- Identify and communicate to commercial concerns regarding aged inventory, slow moving & obsolete items (SLOBs), high DOH items, etc.
- Deliver against core business targets including inventory and customer fill rate
- Drive the publishing of the consensus forecast to be used for supply planning
- Participate in Divisional S&OP Demand Reviews where implemented
- Monitor Site-level demand planning metrics (forecast accuracy, forecast bias); review them with Commercial to discuss improvement opportunities; joint responsibility with Commercial for accuracy
- Commercial – Local Divisional Account Executives, Sales Managers or Brand Managers
- Supply Planning – Central Inventory Optimization Managers and Replenishment Specialists
- Bachelor’s degree required (technical field preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical acumen; ability to think critically at the Supply Chain system level and understand interdependencies between demand, supply and operations
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel; comfortable with excel-based modelling
- Previous experience with statistical forecasting software and a working understanding of statistical modelling is a plus; job role will require candidate to develop high proficiency in the use of specified statistical software in a short period
- Working knowledge of Order to Cash systems is a plus
- Understanding of products, categories and channels in the alcoholic beverage industry is a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions, including with Commercial functions
- Minimal travel required; up to once per quarter
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.