Director, Trade Development, St. Michelle Wine Estates, Western WashingtonJob ID BEL00000196 Date posted 06/03/2019
- Lead trade marketing implementation through development of commercial strategies to achieve supplier goals
- Support National GM’s and Regional Chain Account leads with specific analytics, shopper insights, and programming
- Identify local market intelligence and opportunities—consumer shifts/trends, channel dynamics, key account (NAOP/chains) dynamics, etc.
- Ensure local plans and tactics adhere to national brand strategies and guidelines
- Serve as primary internal source of supplier marketing information
- Lead and develop trade development team to become experts in generating customer/shopper insights and program activations that deliver exceptional results
- Develop and evaluate programs; review national program briefs, concepts, and creative and provide input/feedback to supplier and brand marketing
- Set objectives, review and reallocate program based on ROI, and provide market-based insights and feedback to sales and marketing management through KPI scorecard process
- Support Supplier and field sales team in the planning and execution of annual POS & VAP buys
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree plus 8 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of trade or customer marketing and sales experience
- Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits industry
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities on tight deadlines and maintain high level of quality output
- Ability to understand and manage budgets, profitability, and expenses
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Continual self-education and knowledge development of new and existing trends, styles, and products within the Supplier portfolio as well as competitive brands
- Proficient in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.