CPWS Commercial Finance Analyst - WashingtonJob ID BEL00000287 Date posted 08/04/2020
The Commercial Finance Analyst provides data management support to the state through the analysis and reporting of sales volume, profitability, pricing/program effectiveness, market penetration, and account management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in meetings with Sales Management, Marketing, Pricing and suppliers, related to financial planning, reporting, and analysis
- Support Commercial Finance team in building the P&L to achieve supplier AOPs
- Work with Marketing and Sales management teams to ensure profitability goals are achieved
- Support Commercial Finance team in identifying overspend risks and opportunities
- Support Commercial Finance team, Marketing Directors, Pricing Directors, and Sales management teams to ensure plans adhere to budgets as part of the annual planning process
- Assist and support Marketing Directors, related to Innovation brands, to develop & implement pricing of all new items
- Participate in the monthly vendor/supplier billing aging process and ensure meeting the objectives given by National leadership
- Support Commercial Finance team about supplier banks; reconcile records to supplier records
- Generate monthly financial recaps & fiscal year-end projections for strategic suppliers
- Responsible for gross profit analysis
- Responsible for department expense analysis
- Coordinate supplier-initiated check requests/third party vendors
- Ensures appropriate pricing, managing and implementing all plans and price increases while collaborating with Pricing Manager to review all adjustments for low gross profit implications, pricing simplification guidelines, and legal compliance.
- Independently Analyzes and maintains all discount participation and depletion allowance supports for accuracy and GP requirements, including loading new vintages and label changes at time of new item set up; consistently reviews all supports and cost layers; ensures all closeout wine and spirits pricing is up to date and communicates changes to sales, trade development and finance.
- Proactively removes all expired pricing and supports from system for simplistic reporting and accuracy; supports trade development and finance teams by developing standardized reporting for pricing to improve time management.
- Effectively and efficiently sets up all new items including correct costing and price components.
- Proactively monitors and develops tools needed to implement market level tracking of pricing and costing activity.
- Monitors and analyzes low margin programs proposing recommendations for increased margins
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree plus two years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years of financial analysis experience in a corporate environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Strong follow-up skills
- Independent decision-maker
Experience in a sales and distribution organization involving multiple SKUs
Consumer goods industry experience is a plus
- Planning and organizational skills to coordinate the workload around multiple assignments
Strong communication skills – written, verbal, persuasion, motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships
Knowledge of MS Office Suite and software applications related to job function
Excellent interpersonal, customer service, analytical/problem solving, problem management, presentation development, and presentation delivery skills
Physical demands include a considerable amount of time sitting and typing/keyboarding, using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor), or adding machine
Physical demands with activity or condition may occasionally include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.