Commerical Finance AnalystJob ID BAL00000225 Date posted 02/17/2021
- Compile data from a variety of sources for the purpose of analyzing issues and providing reports on key business KPIs.
- Deliver accurate and timely commercial finance reports and other business intelligence essential to the commercial organization.
- Lead analytical efforts and development of tools, decision documents, and strategic frameworks.
- Conduct research to uncover key issues, benchmarks, and best practices and synthesize findings into recommendations for optimal business solutions.
- Support development of the annual sales plan (volume/revenue/gross profit) for inclusion in the overall Regional & Corporate Financial Plan.
- Assist management in developing and reviewing the sales budget and rolling sales forecast including sales to budget variance analysis.
- Support the analysis of pricing and promotional activities to drive effective use of trade spend.
- Provide analytical support to corporate and regional teams as required for supplier reviews, quarterly business reviews, and on-going business performance management.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver timely results to a high standard.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or related field of study.
- 3 – 5 years of financial analysis experience in a corporate environment. CPG industry experience; supplier and wholesaler experience a plus.
- Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
- Knowledge of using processes, tools, and techniques for exploring, reporting and evaluating alternative financial scenarios, and results.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, and reporting; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Attention to detail with a strong desire to deliver value-added support, strong follow-up skills, independent decision-maker
- Quantitative skills in working with financial and statistical data
- Strong planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around multiple assignments and competing priorities.
- Ability to independently prioritizing and advancing individual tasks and multi-phase projects.
- Ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Ability to work effectively across functions and organizational levels to achieve desired goals.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.