Commercial Pricing Manager-MarylandJob ID BAL00000094 Date posted 12/19/2018
Responsible for oversight of activities and employees within the Commercial Finance and Pricing department to make certain that Company policies and procedures are followed to ensure compliance with required state and federal regulations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, coordinate and initiate meetings with SGWS Sub-Region Marketing, Sub-Region Pricing and suppliers related to financial planning, reporting and analysis.
- Support SGWS Executive management team in managing sales and marketing budgets. Track supplier marketing/price support spends and advise of any overspend risks; identify any opportunities.
- Coordinate with SGWS Sub-Region Marketing and Sales management teams to ensure that profitability goals are achieved. As part of annual planning process, collaborate Marketing, Pricing and Sales management teams to ensure actual results adhere to budgets and price strategy.
- Review financial monthly recaps and fiscal year end projections for strategic suppliers.
- Responsible for Gross Profit analysis review and make recommendations for improvement.
- Work with Sub-Region Marketing Directors to drive margin improvement and conduct on-going assessment for opportunities
- Coordinate with Sub-Region Marketing Director related to Innovation brands to develop and implement pricing of all new items.
- Manage implementation of all price increases and NDA contractual funding; provide feedback on profit implications of price changes.
- Manage monthly Vendor Billing (Supplier) Aging process and ensure the objectives given by SGWS Regional leadership are met.
- Manage supplier banks by accounting for all activity; communicate with suppliers and ensure that SGWS records reconcile to supplier records.
- Analyze and input data from multiple sources to include negotiating costing/pricing with suppliers' brand managers to achieve required profitability.
- Develop the marketing pricing calendar and manage a group of supplier pricing calendars for wholesale and retail filings in a timely and accurate manner; assure that pricing calendars meet state regulatory guidelines and timetables
- Ensure all data sources are in place including brand funding, price support.
- Other financial projects and related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of pricing, finance, & analytical experience within a fast moving consumer goods environment.
- Ability to balance multiple projects, set priorities and meet regulatory filing deadlines.
- Proficient in use of statistical tools and measures.
- Excellent computer skills required in Windows platform, MS Office Suite, Business Intelligence systems.
- Previous supervisory/management experience preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present complex information and communicate with senior level managers and client suppliers.
- Training in statistical application and analyses
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or related field
- Six or more years of pricing, finance, & analytical experience within a fast moving consumer goods environment.
- Extensive understanding of Business Intelligence, SQL, Business Objects and SAP.
- Previous supervisory/management experience with a demonstrated ability to lead and successfully influence business partners and personnel across disciplines.
- Knowledge and understanding of the spirits/wine industry.
- Advanced training in statistical application and analyses.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.