Transatlantic Sales Consultant, ComboJob ID ASP00000007 Date posted 04/24/2019
- Make regular sales calls to designated (on/off/combo) accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided.
- Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items and the expansion of business.
- Exhibit discipline and resourcefulness to meet/exceed assigned monthly quotas and placement objectives.
- Participate in sales meetings, on-site training, and winery/distiller tours to remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments.
- Research, organize and present sales reports/quota attainment results as required by District Manager in team or division meeting environment.
- Review customers' credit status, collect monies owed for product and partner with Customer Assistance Department on a weekly basis to ensure accounts remain in good standing.
- Assist customers with inventory management responsibilities (product availability/new product placement and rotation of stock).
- Conduct wait staff training seminars, execute 'bar night' promotions, and install point of sale pieces on tables and bars.
- Recommend, create/design wine lists, and wine by the glass programs utilizing full knowledge of the supplier(s) portfolio.
- Merchandise off-sale/retail accounts and reset shelf space, cold box and build displays to correspond with supplier promotions and incentive programs.
- Present self with integrity, professionalism and commitment to Southern Wine &Spirits salesperson responsibilities and policies.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends. Overnight travel as required. Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 1 year of industry related sales experience within the distribution, hospitality or supplier community.
- Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
- Proficient at calculating commissions, percentages, and reviewing comparative sales data for analysis.
- Adaptable and able to assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types.
- Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Reside within a thirty minute radius of a retail account within the established territory.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Goal-oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field strongly preferred
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.