Driver Supervisor - ArlingtonJob ID ARL00000018 Date posted 10/16/2018
- Responsible for the effective and efficient distribution of product and direct supervision within the Arlington Depot, and other depots as needed.
- Ensure adherence to delivery standards, efficiencies, and regulatory requirements.
- Supervise drivers’ delivery schedule and hours worked, daily bidding, and daily work needs.
- Using effective management skills and progressive coaching, coach drivers in the areas of attendance and work performance.
- Establish and maintain positive employee and customer relationships.
- Resolve customer issues efficiently, addressing errors and concerns as needed.
- Serve as liaison between distribution, logistics, sales, HR, and other internal departments.
- Occasionally run a delivery route according to business need.
- Ensure that drivers follow DOT rules, regulations, and standards.
- Handle and receive returns when drivers return to the depot at the end of their routes.
- Communicate with sales, customers, and internal departments to resolve service-related issues.
- Maintain various spreadsheets, reports, files, and assessments.
- Work in tandem with peers/other depots to ensure effective communication and management of the delivery/logistics department.
- Complete “Driver Ride-With’s” on a consistent basis, providing employees with effective and improving feedback.
- Track and maintain CSA and DOT compliance within the Arlington Depot team.
- Responsible for leading and growing azero injury/accident safety culture
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License and current Medical Card certification, Class A preferred.
- Smith System Certification (preferred)
- At least two years supervisory experience.
- At least two years route delivery experience
- Experience working with a bargained workforce, preferred.
- At least two years’ experience in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Knowledge of transportation and delivery processes.
- Knowledge of related Federal and State DOT regulations
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building/collaborative, and leadership skills.
- Ability to foster a positive Coach-Team environment
- Excellent analytical skills needed to effectively lead a team of individuals.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, dependable, well-organized and results-oriented.
- Detail oriented and able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy.
- Solid organizational and decision-making skills.
- Service oriented mentality.
- Must be a strong collaborator and team player to be successful in role.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively - formally and informally.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Able to lift 50+ pound cases of product repetitively.
- Must be 21 years old.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.